Monday, August 22, 2011

Trying Different Things.



In all my four years of art training you would think I would understand the value of a dollar. That is beside the point of the today's sharing. Like I have said before, to those who follow my blog, I am just beginning to understand color, color combinations, and most importantly photoshop. I started a piece a week or so ago and saw that I didn't finish it(not new for me). However, I finally was able to use a scanner which surprising inspired me to finish the project. I wanted to make something "fun" and "clean". I stress clean and fun because these are things I am not known for. I tend to get ink all over my finger tips and some how manage to avoid hospital visits from the ink fights I get myself into, which leads to dark and sometimes uncanny images. Along side this personal project of mine I have noticed that the work that I get now is more demanding of fluidity, but not the usual crash, boom, tada, that I usually perform which is mainly self-propelled by instinctual mark making (which is a elaborate way of saying I don't know what I am doing most of the time). At first I was put off by the idea that I am changing it up so early out of college, but then I realized that I could use some verity, and this is the hard part to me about freelance thus far: Trying to find the motivational part of a project that might not seem so enthusiastic. Do I have the answer? heck no! haha! But while I try to figure it out a sugar free answer I hope you enjoy my update.

This image is in progress (Hint: The one I didn't finish). These are just a couple of close ups. Thanks for stoppin' by and reading my ramble! be easy amigos!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha

    looks good so far!

    I think everyone works in a 'crash, boom, tada!' way. some of us are just better than others at bullshitting people into thinking we're not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, hemos agregado un trackback (enlace hacia este artículo) en el nuestro ya que nos pareció muy interesante la información detallada pero no quisimos copiarla, sino que nuestros lectores vengan directamente a la fuente. Gracias... via datacredito

    ReplyDelete